YouTube, the popular video-sharing platform owned by Google, is introducing several updates to enhance user interaction. These updates include:
- Stable Volume: YouTube will automatically enable Stable Volume to reduce abrupt shifts in audio levels for a smoother viewing and listening experience.
- Press to 2x: Users can now adjust video playback speed to 2x by pressing and holding anywhere on the player while watching a video in full screen or portrait mode. This feature is available on the web, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Seek with Ease: YouTube is introducing larger preview thumbnails to make it easier to navigate within videos. Users can also backtrack by moving their fingers back to the starting point and lifting when they feel a vibration, allowing them to return to the exact moment they left off.
- Lock Screen: A lock screen feature is being rolled out for mobile and tablets, allowing users to secure their screens to prevent interruptions.
- You Tab: The Library tab and account page have been combined into a unified space known as the “You Tab,” where users can access their previously watched videos, playlists, downloads, purchases, account settings, and channel information. This update is available on the web, mobile, and tablets.
- Search by Voice or Song: Users can search for a song by playing, singing, or humming it. YouTube’s AI matches the sound to the original recording. This feature will be available on Android devices in the coming weeks.
- Animations: Creators will now have visual cues accompanying prompts to “like” or “subscribe,” and viewers will be rewarded with playful sparkles when they interact with these buttons. Top comments will rotate automatically for easier community engagement.
The updates are designed to enhance user control, ease of use, and overall user experience on YouTube. They will be gradually rolled out to YouTube users worldwide over the next few weeks. Additionally, there are improvements for Smart TVs, web, and mobile platforms to provide a cleaner and more streamlined interface.