The World Health Summit is a significant global health conference and network that unites stakeholders from various fields, including politics, science, the private sector, and civil society. The primary goal is to shape the agenda for a healthier future by inspiring innovative solutions to improve global health and well-being. This year’s event will take place in Berlin, Germany, and virtually from October 15 to 17, focusing on the theme “A Defining Year for Global Health Action.”
Key topics at the World Health Summit 2023 include:
- Drawing lessons from COVID-19 for future pandemic prevention.
- Enhancing preparedness and response to health crises.
- Reaffirming the commitment to universal health coverage.
- Promoting sustainable health for both people and the planet.
- Exploring measures by G7/G20 to improve global health equity and security.
- Harnessing the potential of digital technologies for global health.
- Celebrating the 75th anniversary of the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Highlighting innovations to accelerate the fight against tuberculosis.
The Director-General of the WHO will be speaking at the opening ceremony, and WHO staff members will lead sessions covering various critical topics, including an international pandemic accord, digital health, climate change and health, sexual and reproductive health, and universal health coverage.
For more details about the program and the speakers, please visit the official website at www.worldhealthsummit.org.