The President of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has named a 12 man task force to contain growing endemic coronavirus. This comes after Nigeria reports a second case of the virus.
In a statement signed by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, the task force was established “due to the current global outbreak and its potential of causing significant disruption to health services in the country as well as impacting negatively on the economy”
“This action is in preparation for the unlikely but probable major outbreak of the disease in the country which will require a multi-sectoral inter-governmental approach as advised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) similar to that adopted for the HIV epidemic in the last two decades,” he added.
Below is the list of the Presidential Task Force (control) members
1. Boss Mustapha (SGF) – Chair
2. Dr. Sani Aliyu – National Coordinator
3. Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire (Hon. Minister of Health)
4. Rauf Aregbesola (Hon. Minister of Interior)
5. Hadi Sirika (Hon. Minister of Aviation)
6. Sadiya Umar Farouk (Hon. Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Services)
7. Adamu Adamu (Hon. Minister of Education)
8. Lai Mohammed (Hon. Minister of Information and Culture)
9. Suleiman Hassan Hon. Minister of Environment
10. Yusuf Magaji Bichi Director-General, State Services
11. Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu (Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control)
12. Dr. Wondimagegnehu Alemu (WHO Country Representative)