After impressing in the green and white colours of the Super Eagles during the international break, winning both AFCON qualifiers and maintaining a 100 percent record. The Nigerian players returned to their duties in club football.
The players again took the big stage by storm, continuing to impress their teams and kill the notion of Nigerians struggling abroad.
Business Influx sports took a look at the top performers for the Super Eagles over the weekend in their respective clubs. Ranking them based on their performance in the weekend ending on Sunday 24th November 2019.
5. Wilfred Ndidi was at it again in Leicester’s 2-0 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday. The former Genk midfielder was majestic when guarding his defense line.
4. Samuel Chukwueze was on the score sheet, but it didn’t stop Villareal from losing 3-1 at home to Celta Vigo.
3. Genk striker Paul Onuachu found the back of the net in the 55th minute of the 2-2 draw with Royal Excel Mouscron.
2. Jamilu Collins was brilliant as bottom-placed Paderborn drew 3-3 with Borussia Dortmund at the Signal Iduna Park. The Super Eagles left-back grabbed an assist in the six-goal thriller even though he was cautioned late in the game.
1. Sadiq Umar was the star of the weekend as he proved his worth with a hat-trick against Javor. The striker showed promise for the 2016 Olympic Eagles in their bronze medal-winning feat.